Horizon of Hope is a powerful movement that is making a very real impact…Right now. That’s because we are focused on making a difference today. In partnership with the American Cancer Society, Horizon of Hope has three primary goals:
- To improve the quality of life for those living with breast cancer.
- To reduce the burden of breast cancer and to improve breast cancer outcomes.
- To minimize the recurrence of breast cancer.
Our effort to achieve these goals takes many forms.
Longaberger employees and Home Consultants have potentially life-saving information to share with customers, friends and family. We collectively have a big voice to reach millions of women about the importance of mammograms and healthy living habits.
And everyone who participates in Horizon of Hope has the ability to give very important dollars to change women’s lives forever through:
- Continuing education and training to improve the ability of radiologists to interpret mammograms
- Landmark consortiums where researchers share findings and treatment options for lymphedema, a painful and potentially debilitating complication of breast cancer surgery
- Research into the effects of stress on recurrence and ways to minimize its impact on breast cancer survivors
Together, we can affect outcomes and change lives.