- Offices are situated around a seven-story, 30,000 sq. ft atrium where employees and guests can enjoy the natural daylight from the skylight.
- Two basket handles are attached to the building with replica copper and wooden rivets.
- The handles are heated to prevent ice from forming.
- Two Longaberger tags are attached to the sides of the building. The gold leaf painted tags are 725 lbs each and measure 25' long x 7' tall x 3" thick.
- A majority of the cherry woodwork in the building was harvested from Longaberger Golf Club® in Hanover, dried and milled in our facility, sawed and shaped at our Construction Woodshop, finished and installed by our Construction Division.
Points of Interest
- The Longaberger Company designed the exterior and interior of the building. NBBJ and Korda Nemeth Engineering administered the construction process.
- The building is a trademark of The Longaberger Company.
- Groundbreaking began on October 23, 1995 and employees moved in December 9, 1997.
- The building has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, People magazine, Time magazine and U.S. News & World Report.
- Longaberger has received numerous landscaping and construction awards for this building.
- Product displays in the lobby feature new products and the Longaberger sales kit for the independent sales consultant business opportunity.
- Property size: 25 acres
- Building capacity: 500 employees
- Building footage: 180,000 square feet
- Total weight of building: Approximately 9,000 tons
- Total weight of handles: Approximately 150 tons
- Number of windows: 84
- Seven stories in height
- 192' long x 126' wide at grade, widening to 208' long x 142' wide at roof
- 160 times longer, wider and taller than the Medium Market Basket